Happy Holidays! There are so many celebrations this time of year and chances to raise a glass with friends and family. We have pulled together some delicious holiday mocktail recipes for you to try! These are fantastic on their own or easily made into a cocktail.
What is a mocktail?
A mocktail is a celebratory “fancy drink” without alcohol.
Mocktails are perfect for including the kids into the celebrations, for designated drivers, pregnant guests and non-drinkers. There is no reason why you can’t be festive and inclusive (and healthier) without being boring!
Here are some of our favourite healthy, fun & festive holiday mocktail drinks to try:
Festive Holiday Mocktails
Pear & Elderflower Hugo
- 3 ounces sparkling non-alcoholic pear cider (we use IKEA)
- 1 ½ ounces Elder-flower cordial (also from IKEA)
- About 3 ounces sparkling mineral water
- Ice cubes
- Lime and fresh mint leaves
- Fill a tall “Collins” glass with ice.
- Pour pear cider over the ice, followed by the elder-flower cordial.
- Top off the glass with sparking mineral water. Garnish with lots fresh mint leaves & a plenty of lime.
- to change to a cocktail substitute prosecco for the pear cider and St-Germain liqueur for the Elder Flower syrup.
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
You will need:
- 1 litre good quality apple juice (unfiltered is better)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- whip cream (optional to be really decadent)
- Put apple cider into the slow cooker & add juice and spices.
- Heat until warm, approx. 1 hour (can set to high for 15 min to speed things up)
- Pour into mugs and top with dash of cinnamon or whip cream & enjoy. Use a travel mug and head out with the family to play Christmas light Bingo!
- Add 1 oz rum or brandy to each mug to change to a cocktail.