Make this easy & healthy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce in a flash!
Ok , confession time… We must have pinned 15 different versions of cauliflower sauces to our personal Pinterest boards.
Each one was either too complicated or just seemed like it would be seriously lacking in flavour. Well we’re happy to report that our version is the Goldilocks sauce…it’s juuuuuuust right.
Easy, tasty & healthy!
Easy & Healthy Alfredo Sauce
6 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 head of cauliflower (broken into medium florets)
2-3 tbsp olive oil (good stuff if you have it)
6 cups veggie stock (or chicken)
pepper to taste
1/2 cup yogurt (we like this Rolling Meadow Dairy) [vegan option: omit yogurt & water and add your favourite dairy free UNSWEETENED milk substitute. We like Veggemo]
1/4 cup water (may be less depending on thickness of yogurt)
pinch of cayenne (optional but really good)
1/2 tsp salt
pesto for garnish (make your own in a snap!)
blender (or hand blender)
- heat oil in a frying pan to medium-low and add the garlic. Take your time you are looking for soft garlic!
Burnt garlic is horrible. You want the garlic soft but not browned at all. When in doubt turn it down.
- in a medium pot, boil the cauliflower in the stock until fork tender
- add water to yogurt to thin it out a bit (you are looking for whipping cream consistency)
- add the garlic with oil, yogurt, salt, pepper, cayenne to the blender.
- scoop out the cauliflower and 1 cup of the cooking stock and add to the blender.
- puree until smooth and gorgeous ( if using a hand blender, remove cauliflower and 1 cup of liquid from the saucepan, empty rest out and return everything to the pot and blend)
Now you can use on pasta drizzled with pesto, on pizza or serve with veggies and rice, the sky’s the limit. We enjoyed ours with grain free pasta.