There are SO many products on the market designed to help soothe babies going through the painful teething stage – teething rings, Sophie the giraffe, ice-cold frozen chew toys, numbing gels, prescription and herbal remedies and the list goes on! Some work better than others, and every baby is different.
One of the newest and coolest trends in the teething world is jewelry & accessories for moms to wear and babies to chew on, and Vancouver-based LouLou Lollipop is taking that world by storm. Adding beautiful, simple pieces to a busy mom’s wardrobe can brighten her day, and having them designed for babies to safely pull & chew on is the kind of double-duty product we love.
Our little ones are past the teething stage, so we brought in local mom Cat and baby Johnnie (smack in the middle of a teething drool-fest) to test drive the best of what LouLou Lollipop has to offer: Quadra Organic Wood and Silicone Teething Necklace, Lulla Silicone Bead Natural Wood Teething Ring Rattle, and Silicone Ice Cream Teether with clip.
Baby Johnnie played with (and fiercely chewed on!) all three products for the past week, and Cat tells us his favourite by far is the Ice Cream Teether (featured in photo to the right). Once he got hold of it he wouldn’t let it go, as it seemed to give his sore gums some much needed relief!
In addition to being a hit with the kiddos, these items boast a long list of qualities sought-after by discerning parents in terms of practicality, health & safety:
- Designed and made locally in Vancouver
- Breakaway safety clasp for strong babies who like to pull
- Soft texture that’s great for sore, teething gums
- Washable with soap and water
- Dishwasher safe/freezer safe
- Beads made from FDA approved 100% food grade silicone and are free from nasty chemicals (no BPA, Phthalates, Lead or PVCs)
- Products are tested by a third party lab to make sure they are compliant to the CPSIA standards for toys (they don’t just rely on what was given to them by the manufacturer of their beads)
What’s not to love? Almost wish we could rewind to the baby teething stage so we have an excuse to stock up these awesome products ourselves (almost).