Looking for a new summer date night idea? Or a family adventure with the kids? Picnix is the coolest new service in town for Metro Vancouver families.
My husband and I had the pleasure of test-driving Picnix at Stanley Park last summer and can attest to the fact that they’re changing the face of outdoor dining. AND they’re back this summer with expanded services and an exciting new partnership with Evo Summer Cinema!
For last summer’s date night, we rode our bikes over Lion’s Gate Bridge after work, then around Stanley Park to the tennis courts in English Bay. Waiting for us at the park was Picnix staff with our handmade wooden wagon that doubled as a table containing a six course meal, lemonade, water, and a blanket.
We wheeled the wagon over to a beautiful spot right next to the seawall with a gorgeous view across the ocean, quickly set-up the table and dug into our delicious dinner. There was more than enough food to split between the two of us, and we enjoyed chatting & eating for over 2 hours before returning the cart to the drop-off spot by the tennis courts. Next time I would find a more secluded spot, as so many passers-by on the seawall were intrigued by our set-up and stopped to stare!
These are our favourite things about Picnix for busy families:
- You don’t have to prepare the meal yourself, carry anything to the park, drag dirty dishes home or clean anything afterwards!
- You can choose between Lunch Service (12 – 3 pm) and Dinner Service (6 – 9 pm).
- Reservations can be made or changed before last call on the day of your reservation (9:30 am for lunch and 2:30 pm for dinner), and reservations on days of poor weather will be reallocated to more ideal days dependent on availability. Love this flexibility given the unpredictability of work schedules, kids & Vancouver weather.
- Lunch or Dinner Service for 2 people ($80) includes enough food for kids to join you, and they’ll add special items for kids upon request. The current menu of locally sourced foods features root vegetable chips and house-made salsa, fresh salads, a selection of charcuterie meats, artisan cheeses, vegetarian antipasto, cheesecake with chocolate mouse & fresh fruit, and fresh lemonade to quench your thirst.
- This is an entirely sustainable service using BPA free reusable plates & glassware, linen napkins and no packaging waste.
- Water resistant, hand-made fleece blankets and pillows are included so you’ll be comfortable wherever you choose to sit.
- To up the fun factor, you can order additional items such as umbrellas, more food or bocce ball and other games.
- This is a local West End start-up and we love supporting local!
- On Evo Summer Cinema Tuesdays in Stanley Park throughout the summer, you can book a Picnix Dinner + VIP seating at the movie! That’s guaranteed seating right up front where your family can really enjoy the big screen experience.
Our family is heading down to Stanley Park on July 19th for a Picnix Dinner + VIP seating for the Little Mermaid screening. Here’s a full list of which movies are playing when – take your pick! General admission for the movies is free, and the Picnix Dinner + VIP seating option can be booked at www.picnix.ca.
WIN A PICNIX DINNER + VIP SEATING FOR A SUMMER MOVIE!
We’re giving away a Picnix Dinner + VIP seating for up to 2 adults & 2 kids for a summer movie on a date of your choice (subject to availability) valued at $120.
To enter to win:
Step 1: Comment on this post with the thing that excites you most about the Picnix service
Step 2: Make sure you’ve JOINED the Healthy Family Expo 2017 Facebook Event
Step 3: Go to the Picnix giveaway post pinned at the top of the Expo 2017 Facebook Event and comment on that post with the name of the movie you would pick to see at the upcoming Evo Summer Cinema Tuesdays!
Contest is open to Metro Vancouver residents (including Sea to Sky Corridor) until Saturday, July 16th at 11:59 pm, and winner will be given a code to book their Picnix Dinner + VIP movie seating online. Good luck!