SPOILER ALERT: Make sure you get to the bottom of this post where you can enter to win a $200 Expo Shopping Spree!
When is the Expo?
Sunday, March 26th, 2017, from 9 am -5 pm at the Vancouver Convention Centre East Building (under the sails). Come early, stay late!
How do we get to the Expo?
By foot, bike, boat, car, or bus! Visit our location & parking page for directions & information about getting to the Expo.
How early should we get there?
That depends on your family! Doors open at 9:00 am this year – the first 200 adults through the door will receive a Free Adult Admission Ticket to the Science World and the first 500 adults through the door will receive a gift bag full of healthy product samples. Come early and plan on staying awhile. With so much to see and do, you will need many hours to get through it all! The line moves pretty quickly once doors open at 9:00 am, but if your children don’t do well in lines we suggest arriving after 9:30 am. Tip: If your kids are older check out the Stage Schedule and perhaps come later in the day when the younger kids may already be back home napping and the Expo should be a bit quieter!
What kinds of things can my family expect to find at this year’s Expo?
- Meet popular CBC Kids characters Daniel Tiger, Super WHY!, Bookaboo & Scout;
- Bobs & LoLo and Jessie Farrell concerts featuring songs celebrating the natural world;
- HUGE Active Kid Zone with rock wall, giant hamster ball race track, Tumblebus & TumbleTown, Springfree Trampoline, Sportball & Pedalheads play areas;
- 200+ exhibitors with healthy food sampling & eco-friendly products & services;
- Whole Foods Market Zone, London Drugs Health Zone, and brand new Toyota Canada Outdoor Living Zone, West Coast Kids Healthy Baby Zone, and Green Living Zone;
- Science World fire show, ninja & tumbling demonstrations, seed planting workshop and dance class on stage;
- Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan interactive zone for kids;
- $15,000 Grand Prize Showcase including a 1-year least on a Toyota Prius c;
- Baby feeding & changing lounge with complimentary diapers, wipes & comfy seating;
- Family Rest Stop courtesy of Love Child Organics and lots of stroller parking;
- First 500 adults through the door receive a gift bag full of healthy product samples;
- First 200 adults through the door receive an adult pass to Science World;
- Partial proceeds of ticket sales support Canucks Autism Network sports programs; and
- So much more!
When can I meet the CBC Kids Characters?
This is our top question this year! We’re very excited to welcome Daniel Tiger, Whyatt from Super WHY!, Scout from Scout & the Gumboot Kids and Bookaboo to Healthy Family Expo 2017. All of the information is on our CBC Kids Meet & Greet Page.
Tip: BRING YOUR OWN PHONE OR CAMERA TO CATCH ALL THE CUTENESS!
Is the Expo stroller friendly?
Absolutely! We’ve designed the Expo with parents of young kids in mind, including an extra wide aisle down the centre of the room for strollers and two new stroller parking areas in case you want to leave it somewhere while you explore (this is not stroller “check-in” and there will not be any security or staff monitoring the stroller parking areas).
What is there to eat, should I bring food or can I buy a meal at the Expo?
Come hungry! There are over 100 booths offering food tasting, many of them located in the Whole Foods Market Zone and the London Drugs Health Zone. If your family needs more, the Vancouver Convention Centre has a snack bar outside the exhibit hall. You won’t be able to buy a full “meal” inside the exhibit hall, but most families find they don’t need to with all of the sampling available.
I have a 9 year old, is there going to be anything for her to do?
Oh yes! This is a show produced by parents of kids 2-9 so we know what it takes to keep all ages busy. Unlike many other Expos, we have a huge Active Kid Zone with plenty to keep the older kids busy: rock climbing, giant hamster ball race track, Sportball area, Science World On The Road Show, Vancouver Aquarium AquaVan, Ninja & Tumbling Demos, dance class & seed planting. Check out the Stage Schedule and you’ll see that after 2pm is more geared to the over 5 crowd.
I have a toddler, is he too young to enjoy the fun?
Never! The little ones will love the Bobs & Lolo and Jessie Farrell concerts, the CBC Kids character meet & greets , the Tumblebus, and Pedalheads run bike course , and the TumbleTown play area. Check out the Stage Schedule & Active Kid Zone pages for details.
What’s included in my admission?
Everything! Once you are inside the Healthy Family Expo, there are no hidden costs other than the amazing shopping you choose to do. Active Kid Zone activities, Stage Performances and even face painting are all included. And Tickets bought before March 23rd at midnight are entered to win a Springfree Trampoline!
Do I need to buy tickets specifically for Bobs & Lolo or Jessie Farrell concerts?
No way! Enjoy the concerts on us! There will be free seating for parents on a first come first served basis inside the exhibit hall and a dance zone for kids in front of the stage. Seating is limited so be there early. Check out the Stage Schedule.
Is there a baby changing/feeding area?
Seventh Generation has once again fully stocked our baby changing & feeding area with eco-friendly diapers & wipes, and there will also be comfortable chairs for feeding and water on hand to keep new parents hydrated.
Am I going to be able to shop at the Expo?
Are you ever! You can taste and shop your way around the Expo. Jump on the show specials and seize the hottest new eco-products for families. There is a cash machine located in the lobby of the Convention Centre & this year there is another one inside the exhibit hall. And many exhibitors of our exhibitors will accept credit cards.
Should I bring cash with me?
Yes, cash is king! We suggest that you bring cash with you especially if you are buying your ticket at the door as it is cash only. Inside the exhibit hall there will also be an ATM right by the door!
Is there somewhere my family can rest inside the exhibit hall?
Yes, there will be kid-sized picnic tables & benches and larger tables & chairs for adults in the Love Child Organics Rest Stop area.
Where can I get tickets for the Expo?
Tickets are available online on our ticket page and at all Lower Mainland London Drugs locations. Tickets will also be available at the door for $15 (cash only). Children under the age of 16 are free thanks to our partner, Nudge, but must be accompanied by an adult.
Extra tips & suggestions:
- Pack a reusable shopping bag. The first 500 hundred adults through the door get gift bags, but you are going to need your own shopping bag if you miss one of these!
- Plan your day in advance! Have a look at the Stage Schedule, Active Kid Zone activities and Exhibitor List and plan your day to maximize fun for everyone in your family.
- Join the Healthy Family Expo 2017 Facebook Event! RSVP to win thousands in prizes at our March 23rd pre-Expo Facebook Party running online from 8-10 pm! Just click HERE and then click “GOING” on the Facebook event page.
- Buy Expo Tickets Early to qualify to win a Springfree Trampoline! You can buy them & get prize info on our Ticket Page.
- At the Expo: Enter the $15,000 Grand Prize Showcase together as a family in the Grand Prize Entry Photo Booth, have your photo taken for the WestCoast Families Magazine Cover Contest at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park booth, pick some amazing foods to try in the Whole Foods Market Zone and London Drugs Health Zone. And leave LOTS of free time for the Active Kid Zone.
And that brings us to our $200 Expo Shopping Spree Giveaway!
To kick off our pre-Expo celebrations, we’re giving away a $200 Healthy Family Expo 2017 shopping spree that one lucky winner will get to spend on their choice of exhibitors at the event on March 26th!
This online giveaway runs from March 6 – 22, 2017, and the winner must be a British Columbia resident aged 19+ able to attend the Healthy Family Expo at the Vancouver Convention Centre between 9 am & 5 pm on March 26 to pick up and use the prize that day. No exceptions.
Enter for your chance to win through Rafflecopter below.
The winner will be announced at our pre-Expo Facebook Party on March 23rd, 2017!